Today is the day that I will send my Swedish Citizenship application through post, although I already apply it online (it is a requirement and it a must!). I’am a bit nervous about it but at the same time my heart is full with excitement! I can’t help thinking about what will gonna happen next (think positive Michelle!).
This is it pansit! Goodluck to me 😊
Anyway highway! before I decided to apply for my citizenship this year, I did a couple of research on my own because I wanted to make sure if I am really eligible to apply for it. Someone told me I needed to reside here in Sweden for 5 years, some of my friends say 3 years with permanent permit and other say to try my luck and send LOL! I have lot of Filipina friends who had recently applied for their Swedish citizenship and surprisingly their stories where extremely different to one other. Some was approve in only a weeks, some takes months and some still had not yet hear any response to their application. So confused about it so I headed to the Migrationsverket site to gather more information 😉 a 100% detailed I must say LOL. If you like to know more you can check the SITE 👈
Basically what it said in the site is that you have to fullfill a certain requirements for becoming a Swedish citizen:
- You must be able to prove your identity
- You have reached the age of 18
- Have a permanent residence permit, a right of residence or residence card in Sweden.
- You have fulfilled the required period of residence here
- Have you conducted yourself well here in sweden
* If you are married to, living in a registered partnership with or cohabiting with a Swedish citizen, you can apply for Swedish citizenship after three years. In these cases, you must have been living together for the past two years. It is not enough to be married to one another, you must also live together.