Well, my husband lives in Sweden a country where my heart is. We didn’t meet through a chance meeting while Me or Him was traveling for work or doing stuff, we just met online (yeah online dating site!) and we found out that we have mutual interest, learned about each other, fell in love and the rest is history lol.
After almost a year of planning and LDR, he finally invited me to visit him. I went to Sweden year 2013 (my 2nd time) and we got married 3 years ago (2014) and we plan everything like: Me studying, learning and moving to Sweden instead of him moving to Philippines which I know is the best for us. We are now in the processing period applying for my Citizenship ( UPDATE: I just got may Swedish Citizenship too! Hallelujah! ) If you want to check it out too here’s my link:
I just want to share you guys our experiences on how, where and what we did to be able to get this far. My journey is one of many.
I hope to reach out and help out other couples, people (lady) who are clueless and seeking for an answers about the process. Hope my step by step procedure will help you out 🙂
Since the Embassy of Philippines in Stockholm is now closed, we just follow the instructions we found in the site of Philippine Embassy in Norway (Oslo). According to the instruction of the Philippine Embassy in Norway.
1. Before you travel to Sweden you must get the following documents from National Statistic Office (NSO) its now (PSA) : Original Certificate of No Marriage(CENOMAR) /CERTIFICATE OF SINGLENESS.
You can order a Cenomar on the web at the following link: www.ecensus.com.ph
This is how the Authenticated CENOMAR looks like (picture below)
Eto po yung sinasabi nilang certificate of singeleness
2. Before you get married in Sweden you must apply for “HINDERSPRÖVNING” together with your partner at the Swedish Tax Authority. We bring along a copy of my birth certificate, passport, visa and cenomar. This is the instruction in Swedish.
Always remember that all your documents esp. your CENOMAR must not be older than 4 months. their office is very strict when it comes to the documents, they always want it updated and original 😉They will send you letter if they will approve your application. The Letter they will give you is the requirements needed in the church.
3. It is possible to get married in church (e.g. Lutheran or Catholic Church) or get married at a non-religious ceremony (civil). Contact the relevant church or local authority to book the wedding. Also ask for an extra marriage certificate in english version (If its possible) Here you will find more information (in swedish only)
We had our Church marriage and this is how my Marriage certificate in Swedish looks like.
You can ask for a English Marriage certificate pero samin kasi walang english wala daw silang English copy kay need namin ito ipa-translate at ipa-legalized
|My marriage certificate in Swedish|
4. If it wasn’t possible to get an extra marriage certificate in English, Your Swedish Marriage Certificate must first be translated to English by an authorized translator.
We sent our marriage certificate to a translator to have it in English version and they sent it back with English version (picture below) with seal and stamp of it. If you are going to apply for a permanent stay you need to provide Marriage certificate in English so better do it as early as possible because it takes in a while to return 🙂 Oh by the way, you really need to do this because Philippine Embassy need it when you are applying for a Report of Marriage 🙂
5. If the Marriage Certificate was issued by the Catholic Church, a free church or any other religious communities in Sweden, the document must be verified by a Notary Public (Notarius Publicus)
A Marriage Certificate issued by the Church of Sweden or Civil Marriage does not have to be verified by a Notary Public (Notarius Publicus).
6. The Marriage certificate in English must be authenticated (legalized) by Department of Foreign Affairs in Sweden. Please contact “Juridiska expeditionen” a describe in English and Swedish at the following link:
We sent our marriage certificate (English version and Swedish version along with other required documents) in Ministry of foreign Affairs in Stockholm to legalized it :). My husband send it trough regular mail and when they return it back with stamp at the back and signature (see picture below how it looks like)
My marriage certificate is LEGAL and authenticated now.
After all these we can now report it in Philippine Embassy in Oslo 🙂
7. Report your Marriage to The Embassy of The Philippines in Oslo, Norway. Check this site (below) for further information/requirement and fees of application.
This is how Report of Marriage looks like. Pwede nyo po idownload yung form at kayo na ang magfill-up sa bahay nyo 🙂 Pindala namin ito sa Philippine Embassy sa Oslo via regular mail / payment included in the envelope (Norwegian Money) po. It takes more than a weeks before we received it back from the Embassy in Oslo, Norway 🙂
They will return all the original copies with signature and may stamps na sxa.
The Embassy will forward one copy of the Report of Marriage to the National Statistics Office (NSO) in the Philippines. Another copy will be kept as part of the Embassy’s records and the third copy will be given to the applicant. You may retrieve your NSO-certified Marriage Contract from the Philippines within three to four months after filing the Report of Marriage at the Embassy.
(personal copy nyo po ang isa doon kaya tatlong kopya ang ipapasa nyo dahil yung isa copy ng embassy, yung isa copy namn ng DFA at ang DFA ifoforward ito sa NSO so sila na ang mag pprocess nung marriage nyo na maregister sa PILIPINAS 🙂 diba ang dali lang basta gawin nyo at i-provide lang ang mga documents na kelangan nila at wala na tayong ibang gagawin kundi maghintay hehe)
8. Within three to four months after filing the Report of Marriage sa Philippine Embassy. You can now order your Marriage Certificate at (NSO/PSA)Philippine Statistic Authority. ( I order it online via e-census)
It takes months before we received it. If first time kayo kukuha ng NSO marriage certificate nyo after nyo ito i-report medjo matagal ang process nya at kelangan nyong tawagan ang DFA dahil hahanapan kayo ng info kapag nagrequest kayo sa NSO (kelangan nila ito para madali nilag ma-track kung nasaan na yung marriage contract nyo.)
NSO may be able to issue a copy of your Marriage certificate as long as you already reported it in Philippine embassy, AND also if the record had already been transmitted to the Consular Record Division of DFA-Manila. You need to provide these information and email it to email@example.com once you ordered your marriage certificate online.
- Reference Number
- Dispatch Number
- Dispatch Date
- Transmittal Date
The above-mentioned information can be obtain from the Consular Record Division of DFA Manila. You can call them at ibibigay nila sayo yung information na yan. Need nyo talga sila kulitin at tawagan para lang makuha yung details na yan dahil mas madali nilang mahanap yung marriage contract nyo. Malalaman nyo rin kung kelan nila naipadala ito sa NSO or kung natanggap na ng DFA yung marriage contract nyo from Phil. Embassy ng Oslo. (advise ko eh konting haba ng pasensya at konting tiis lang dahil ang embassy hindi sila nagpapadala ng report of marriage ng paisa-isa sa pilipinas so meaning bultuhan (maramihan) kaya even if nai-report nyo na ito kailangan nyo parin maghintay.
9. If you are going to apply for a Residence Permit in Sweden, it is recommended that either the document “Report of Marriage” or “Marriage Certificate” from PSA (NSO) are enclosed to show that your marriage has been registered in the Philippines. It is easiest to use your copy of the document “Report of Marriage”.
10. If the female partner wants to change her surname,this can be done at the same time by the Philippine Embassy in Oslo but please note that if female Philippine partner will return to the Philippines and apply for her residence permit later on.
IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO CHANGE HER SURNAME AT THIS STAGE SINCE THE RETURN FLIGHT PROBABLY IS BOOKED IN HER EXISTING NAME AND YOU WILL LOSE TIME IN RENEWING YOUR PASSPORT. THESE STEPS CAN BE DONE LATER AFTER THE RETURN FROM THE PHILIPPINES WHEN RESIDENCE PERMIT HAS BEEN APPROVED.
(MEANING, IF MAGCHANGE KA NG APELYIDO MO EVEN IF KASAL NA KAYO AT WHILE ON PROCESS PALANG LAHAT NG DOCUMENTS MO MAHIHIRAPAN KANG MAGCHANGE NG APELYIDO SA PASSPORT MO LALO NA KUNG NEED MO ITONG IRENEW HAHANAPAN KA NG IBANG DOCUMENTS IF MAG CHCHANGE SURNAME KA SA PASSPORT MO SO, DAGDAG NA BUWAN AT ARAW NA NAMAN ANG HIHINTAYIN MO SA PAG PROCESS AT SA IBANG DOCUMENTS LALO NA KUNG IKAW AY NASAPINAS PALANG 🙂
11. Amendment of last name in the passport can be done at Philippine Embassy in Oslo.
12. A name change of female Philippine partner must also be reported to the Swedish Tax Authorities. Bring your new passport and visit your local Tax Office.
May God bless your application guys! and I hope to hear from you! Let me know if this procedure helps you a lot and please a simple “HELLO &THANKS” is so mean to me 😊. Tap my back!!.
Next time! I’m gonna help you on “how to apply for a permanent stay” 😊.
I do hope this procedure helps! and you if have questions you can leave a comment and I am much willing to answer you back 🙂 I know its quite long procedure but in the end I know that I try my best to recall and share it to everyone .. its worth a wait good luck to us!!!