🍞[WATCHinHD] Hello Superfriends! I’m back sa balakubak! Let’s bake Filipino Pan De Coco bread. Pan de Coco is one of our favorite traditional Filipino bread for our merienda (afternoon snack) or breakfast. Filipino Pan de Coco are soft and buttery baked buns filled with sweetened coconut filling. Tara Bake tayo ng Pan de coco.
2 ¼ tsp. active dry yeast or instant yeast
1 cup lukewarm milk
½ cup sugar
4 cups bread flour or All-Purpose flour
½ cup oil
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla
🍞 Coconut Filling
1 cup Desiccated Coconut / Fresh Grated Coconut
¼ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup Butter
⅛ Cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1 egg & milk
🍞 Bake for 25 minutes in 180 °C (356°F)
FOR THE DOUGH:
1. Combine 1 cup lukewarm milk, ½ cup of sugar, and 2 ¼ tsp. active dry yeast or instant yeast. Stir until completely dissolved. Let it stand for 5 to 10 mins until yeast begins to foam.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine flour and salt. Mix thoroughly. Then add egg.
3. Then add vanilla, yeast mixture and oil. Stir until just combined.
4. Knead the dough for 15 minutes until your dough becomes soft and elastic. Do the windowpane test, just take a small ball of dough and start to gentry stretch it out.
5. Place the dough in the bowl greased with cooking oil, cover it and let it rise (proof) for 1 hour. When the dough doubled in size you know you achieved a good rise.
FOR THE PANDE COCO FILLING:
6. In a cooking pot over low heat, combine desiccated coconut, butter, sugar and heavy cream. Cook for a few minutes and mix well until well incorporated.
7. Simmer until the sugar melts and has a sticky texture. Set aside and let it cool down.
8. Divide the dough into portions and form into balls. For an evenly sized dough you can use a kitchen scale.
9. Using a light rolling pin flatten each ball into a thick disc shape. Place about 2 full teaspoons of filling. Fold dough over filling to meet in the center; pinch edges to seal.
10. Repeat with all the other. Place all the filled dough on a baking tray with parchment paper and let it rise for another 1hr. While waiting you can now pre-heat the oven (375°F or 180°C°).
11. Before baking poke the top of dough with fork and carefully brush the rolls lightly with the egg wash. (1 beaten egg + milk).
12. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top turns light brown.
13. Tadaaaahhh! enjoy your meryenda! fika!
☀ Want to check my FILIPINO EMPANADA RECIPE 👇
☀ Want to check my PINOY STYLE SOPAS RECIPE 👇
♥ BUY in LAZADA Together Lights Up the Moment : Up to 17% OFF + FREEBIES worth 1499
🍭I have made a Patreon account:
Become a Patron!
DISCLAIMER: Items were purchase with my own money unless otherwise stated. All opinions are honest and my own!
I hope you all enjoyed watching my video and if you did please don’t forget to tap my back with BIG like 👍 and subscribe if you haven’t yet.
PLease leave comment down below. I would be happy to read it all ..💜💋