Hi everyone, in this video I will show you how I make my Crispy Pork Belly (LECHON KAWALI) using air fryer at home. This is the easiest method I know to make the perfect crispy pork belly without using oil. Yup! if you are afraid in cooking any kind of deep fried food, this one is really best for you. Using only the airfryer will make you life easier Lol. I’m sure you will going to like it too!
Crispy Pork Belly or also known as Lechon Kawali is the classic Filipino dish of crisp roast pork (lechon) cubes originally deep-fried in a kawali (skillet).
The air fryer that I’m using is PHILIPS AIRFRYER XXL COLLECTION – HD9650
🍲 Ingredients you’ll need:
Fresh pork belly
Bay leaves (laurel)
Lemon grass (tanglad)
Pot of water (tubig)
Air fryer – Philips Airfryer 👉 https://amzn.to/2OLIN0h
1. Place the pork belly in a large pot. Add lemon grass, onion, garlic, black peppercorns, and bay leaves. Pour enough water to cover it.
2. Bring to a boil then simmer until tender, about 35 mins.
3. When it is about to boil you will start to see the scum and fat floating on the top. Start to scoop it with a mesh sieve or a spoon.
4. Its done when you easily poke it with a fork.
5. Remove the pork belly from the cooking pot. Drain it and place it in sieve and let it cool down until you can safely handle it with your hands.
6. Once cool, pat it dry using paper towel to remove excess water from the skin.
7. Using fork, poke as many little holes as possible.
8. Make a small cut on the meat part of the pork belly and rub small amount of salt all over the pork and always pat it with a paper towel.
9. Place it in the basket of the air fryer. Close and set the timer for 30 minutes, 200 degrees C.
10. After 30 mins decrease the heat to 180 degrees C and air fry for another 30 minutes.
11.Remove from the air fryer and let rest a minutes before chopping into bite-sized pieces. Serve it with lechon sauce or your choice of dipping sauce.
12. Serve & Enjoy!
♥ BUY in LAZADA Together Lights Up the Moment : Up to 17% OFF + FREEBIES worth 1499
🍭I have made a Patreon account:
DISCLAIMER: Items were purchase with my own money unless otherwise stated. All opinions are honest and my own!
I hope you all enjoyed watching my video and if you did please don’t forget to tap my back with BIG like 👍 and subscribe if you haven’t yet.
PLease leave comment down below. I would be happy to read it all ..💜💋