Chicken or Pork Adobo is authentic Filipino dish and one of the most recognized Filipino food. I make my own version of it with potatoes haha and it turned out delicious . My husband loves it and I do hope you like it too! guys! 🙂
I’ll share you guys how I cooked my very own Adobo recipe 🙂 Oh! btw you can also use pork, seafood or even vegetables too 😉 if you didn’t feel like eating chicken then you can choose alternative. Feel free to try this out! so easy to cook and the ingredients are not much as long as you have vinegar and soysauce then you can cook adobo 🙂
Adobo taste even better the next day LOL because it’s vinegar based dish 😉 It also keeps well in the fridge
- 4 piece chicken breasts/ cut into serving pieces
- 3 piece dried bay leaves
- 1 (3-4) tbps vinegar (any brand but I like cane vinegar)
- 2 medium size potato (cut into cube or flat)
- 3 clove garlic crushed (minced)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup water
- sugar, salt and pappercorn (to taste)
- 1 tbsp butter (optional) it adds taste and good smell when you frying the chicken
- Fry FIRST the potatoes because it taste much better if you fry it and when it turned out brown set it aside.
- Then fry the chicken with the oil and add little butter. Cook all of the sides for about 5 minutes
- When the chicken is cooked you can now put the onion and galic. Simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Put soy sauce, bay leaves, 1 cup of water and peppercorn. Boil it for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Put the fry potatoes, add vinegar, sugar and salt (to taste). Stir and cook for another 5 minutes. Served hot and enjoy! Best to served with hot cooked rice on the plate.. 🙂
Let me know guys what you think about my recipe 🙂 and hope you have time to cook it and I’ll tell you it is so delicious and yummy! You will forget all your problem and all you feel is your happy tummy! Let’s eat guys! Bon Appetit!