Who doesn’t like cheese cake? I know everyone love cheesecake and of course I love cheesecake too! that’s why for today’s post would be about my STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE (BAKED). Basically I know how to make the no-bake-cheesecake but I’d like to try other way around so here is it! My oh so yummy recipe. It is easy to make guys and I hope you should try too!
- 2 cups crushed digestive or graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbs sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- 40 oz cream cheese (make sure its room temperature)
- 5 medium whole eggs
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp orange or lemon zest ( I use orange zest)
- Fresh strawberry and strawberry jam for toppings
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease the spring form pan with butter or non stick spray then wrap the bottom of pan with aluminum foil
- FOR CRUST: Put the biscuits into the plastic bag and crush it using rolling pin. Put the crumbs into the medium bowl and add the melted butter until well combined. Add the mixture into a cake pan (spring form pan) and press it and make as a base crust; bake it in pre-heat oven for 6-8 minutes and then chill it
- FOR FILLING: Using electric mixer in a LOW SPEED beat the cream cheese until it looks smooth. (The more you mixed it long and makes it looks shiny and no lumps your cake will going to have smooth and even texture.)
- Add the sugar, flour and salt and continue beating until it smooth or well combine.
- Add the egg ONE AT A TIME and make sure that everything on the bottom of the bowl is well mixed. Then put the sour cream and orange zest. Beat it until all the ingredients is well mixed.
- Pour it on the pan. Shake it slow to release any air bubbles and then smooth the top.
- Put it into a baking pan with 2-3 cups of hot water. Bake it for 12-15 minutes and wait till the surface become little brown. When it starting get brown lower the temperature to 200 degreesF and bake for another 1 hr to 15 minutes. Check the cake and give little shake to see if its ok. If it’s still “wiggly” set it for a few minutes more. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)
- Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake rest inside the oven for about 30 minutes and then allow the cheesecake rest again outside the oven for 15 minutes more 🙂 chill and serve. Put the strawberry jam and fresh strawberry for the toppings and serve. Enjoy!
|Tadaaahh!!! here is it! ☕|
Do you like my strawberry cheese cake? Its easy to make and this recipe is really nice sweet for this coming holiday. Let me know if you try my recipe and I hope you like it too! Till next cooking portion guys!